[NTLK] Something I dislike in the Newton

From: Helvécio Mafra (helvecio.mafra_at_newted.org)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 16:48:33 PDT

I use rechargeable batteries on my Newt, and they last for a week,
approximately. I have, thus, to take the batteries out of my Newt
every week to recharge them, and leave it (the Newt) without any
power during one night.

What really pisses me off is that when I put the batteries on, the
date on my Newton goes back to sometime in 1996 (it used to be
sometime in 1956, but I heve no idea why, it has changed - for the
better). I have, then, to adjust the Newt's clock, and it takes me
some 25 taps to bring it up to date.

Is there any alternative way to update the Newt's clock besides its
internal clock app? Could one of the great developers in this list
create a patch that bypass that little calendar thing used to update
Newt's date (the way the hour is updated is great)?

Cheers,
Helvécio

--
Dedão: dispositivo próprio para dar topadas no pé da cama.
                                                          \|||/