Re: [NTLK] Nitro an T39m connects to the Internet

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 10:54:00 PDT

On May 18, 2004, at 7:56 AM, noiseiskinky wrote:

> Serious problem I've now is this, I'm not able to send email, evrytime
> I try eudora (or simple mail) seems to correctly connect to mail
> server, after that the progress bar indicating mail sending moves to
> the end but here happen an error that disconnect everything,
>
> same thing using my ethernet setup woks without problems.
> Some one has experienced similar problems?

Which service provider are you using for GPRS?

You can't send mail either via GPRS or GSM?

Are you sure you have a properly configure SMTP server? I needed to
reconfigure in order to authenticate for sending, which I didn't need
to do via wifi. This is because if you are connected to your providers
network (ie cable modem for me) they assume you are legit, but if you
are dialing in (GSM or GPRS) then the same server would want you to
authenticate, since you are connecting via a foreign provider.

Check your providers help pages for dialing in while traveling.

It could also be that your service provider is blocking the ports
needed for outgoing mail (ie port 25).

I am able to send mail from my GPRS (t-mobile). My APN is
wap.voicestream.com

marty