[NTLK] eBase - handwriting bug?

From: Vaguely Radio (vradio_at_maine.rr.com)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 16:09:18 PDT

Last time, on Newtontalk...

"Hey, is there a way of rearranging notes in notepad?"

And now, the thrilling conclusion of the two-part question e-mails...

QUESTION TWO

2) I notice that when I'm putting data in fields in eBase that it is
not properly recognizing my handwriting. It seems to do alright with
cursive but if I print in block capitals it seems only to detect my
first stroke (for example, if I write a "t", it will detect the
downstroke but not the cross-stroke). My recognizer is set to cursive,
is it a problem where eBase expects the handwriting recognizer to be
set explicitly in order to work correctly? At first I thought this
might be an early symptom of screen/touchpad problems (the "jaggies"
make me quake with fear) but now it appears to be application-specific.
  Any thoughts?

-Dan