Re: [NTLK] Battery life

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 15:47:43 PDT

On May 17, 2004, at 2:35 PM, Woody Smith wrote:

> A difficult question to answer clearly for me. With only occasional
> use my eMate seems to last 3 or 4 weeks with 2100nimh cells. My 2100
> with the same cells but daily use seems to last close to 20 hours. But
> if I am using it with an ethernet card for browsing, backing up or
> installing it reduces the charge so quickly that I try to keep it
> plugged in.
> A full recharge is achieved in less than an hour.

Woody and Robert agree it's an hour so I will only add...
Sometimes it's better to charge more then an hour to be really "full".

Also, and particularly with emate, sometimes unplugging and replugging
the AC adapter will set the device charging further. Note this is also
a technique for restoring emates which warn about bad batteries at
power up.

I like to leave mine(MP2000) over night. It will say 100% after an hour
if you have the 9W adapter with the folding plug.

marty