Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Free Culture

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 10:56:52 PDT

Quoting Kym Della-Torre <mailinglist_at_hmkdt.id.au>:

> This is just a short note to let you know that a Newton Book edition of
> Free Culture by Lawrence Lessig is now available. You can find the
> Newton version (and many others) from the following link
> http://www.free-culture.cc/remixes/
> This was my first attempt at a Newton Book, there is still room for
> improvement. But, given the recent intellectual property discussions on
> this list, I am sure many of you will want to read this book sooner
> rather than later.

Thanks Kym - I'd been looking forward to reading that one on the Newton. I
tried making a NewtonBook or PaperBack myself from the plain text version, but
had trouble with weird characters and no paragraph breaks.

Could I ask a favour? That 10-point "simple" font is getting pretty hard for
my over-50 eyes to read. If you could send me the desktop file that you made
the package from, I could try making another version using a bigger font.

Thanks,
Michael