Re: [NTLK] [OT] Newton, PocketPC & Palm

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 00:38:01 PDT

>On 5/10/04 @ 8:50 AM, Nick M wrote:
>
>I was just in Guam over the last Golden Week

Where in Japan do you live?

>In the interest of becoming a more well-rounded person :^)
>..how exactly is Palm evil, in peoples opinions?

The Palm OS is not evil. It is a good basic system for a Pen based PDA.
However, it is limited in many ways which I think gives it its evil
reputation.

Plus it does not have true handwriting recognition/input.

>Are PocketPCs also evil?

Other than it being from MSFT, no! :-)

Seriously, the Pocket PC OS has improved dramatically over the years.
The latest version is much better than before.

But like the Palm OS, it is lacking.

I must admit, when given the choice of Palm OS or Pocket PC, I prefer
Palm OS devices for most things except for browsing and e-mail. The
Pocket PC works much better in both these areas IMHO.

Sushi