Re: [NTLK] [ANN] LPR Driver 1.0

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sat May 08 2004 - 22:08:13 PDT

Aux environs du 8/05/04 à 21:09 -0500, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK]
[ANN] LPR Driver 1.0", James Nichols prit sa plus belle plume pour
écrire les mots suivants:
>In preparation for moving to this new version of the LPR driver I
>erased the old lpr driver and setup packages from my newton by
>scrubbing them out in Extras. I then installed the new LPR driver
>package, and... nothing.

I should have developed more about the update path. You needed indeed
to delete the old packages.
That's weird. Is it really in the Extensions folder of the Extras drawer?

>When I go to print the option to 'Choose LPR printer' isn't present in
>the Printer picklist. but a printer I had set up with the old lpr
>driver still exists. Am I missing something here? Do I need the setup
>package after all with the new extension?

No. There is now a single, autonomous package, called LPR Driver.

>Do I need to get a tool to
>muck about with the soups on my newton, so that I can remove the stray
>printer setup?

Normally, the old printer setup information is simply not used. You
can delete the old soup called "LPR Printers" in Extras/storage,
though (both the new and the old soup appear as "LPR Printers").

What is really weird is that Choose LPR Printer isn't shown on your
Newton. Did you get any error or anything?

Have you tried to reboot your Newton?

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/