Re: [NTLK] 3.3v Cards - 2100 okay?

From: scotty technoir (tick0001_at_algonquincollege.com)
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 09:00:18 PDT

On 5-May-04, at 6:51 PM, Richard Kilpatrick wrote:

> My sister offered me her old D-Link DWL-650 card for my Vaio, which
> I've already got a WiFi card for. However, the name rang a bell, so I
> checked the list for WLAN. It's struckout, as having worked, but not
> recommended because it is a 3.3V card.

the Newton only does 5v pcmcia cards safely. that being said, i have
been using a DWL650 for a long time, and at least one other lister is
as well. mine has the older grey "crescent" style antenna. beware,
there are numerous cards labeled as DWL650 but they are not all the
same. check the wiki page for WireLess or WaveLan.

scotty t