Re: [NTLK] More dumb mac/newt questions: packtype, dock, and newtonbooks

From: Rhonda Hyslop (0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net)
Date: Sat May 01 2004 - 16:42:13 PDT

* Peter H. Coffin <hellsop_at_ninehells.com> [30 Apr 2004 15:17]:
> There's a space at the end of one of those entries. (The TYPE one, I
> think.) Occasionally, on netatalk drives, that space will get trimmed
> off. I have no idea why, but it sometimes does. Put it back, and it
> works better.

I just checked, and the space is there. The few .pkg files I have stored
on the LC's hard drive also don't show the package icon.

But I noticed one of my .pkg files had the right icon, so I compared it
to the ones PackType had processed, and it was using type="pkg " and
creator="NTP1". I changed one of the package files that didn't have an
icon to use those, and it magically got an icon...

Any idea why? I'd much rather use PackType than ResEdit...

> Old hardware wackiness? That's about all I can chalk it up to, since it
> came back after a rest. Probably a flaw someplace in the LC hardware
> that's marginal rather than a procedural error.

Ah, ok. Entirely possible, as it is rather old :-)

-Rhonda

--
 www.write-on.indy || www.write-on.org   \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project