Re: [NTLK] Newton TV Commercials [OT]

From: Eric Engle (engleerica_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 07:55:58 PST

Yup, that's apple in the early-mid nineties, seeing the technological future
very well and going muc further with it than the competition - with absolutely
no clue about the economy and so squandering their early technical lead due to
mismanagement. Their vision seems to be "In the future we will all weave
baskets and surf the internet". Argh. In the future large corporations will be
hiring mercenary armies and plundering the third world for resources will
convincing us that they are responsible actors working for harmonious social
change. Oh wait, that's not the future. That's the present. (note the words:
actors, harm.on.ius)

--- Mike Burrell <mburrell_at_stny.rr.com> wrote:

> > This is John Sculley's infamous Knowledge Navigator.
> >
> > http://weblog.infoworld.com/udell/2003/10/23.html
> >
> > http://stevenf.com/mt/archives/000277.php
> >
> > g.
>

> Who is that guy in the Knowledge Navigator video, Charlie Rose? heheh
>
> --

=====
What I love about spam is realizing how profitable emotional insecurity can be for those who think they're somehow sexually inadequate. I get spam all the time offering to enlarge my breasts and lengthen my penis. And all I can ask is: which first? At least I know once I decide I will have a profitable future as a TV model...

"To create a new standard takes something that's not just a little bit different. It takes something that's really new and captures people's imaginations. Macintosh meets that standard." -Bill Gates

"Those who would trade liberty for security, deserve neither." - Benjamin
Franklin.
What would _you say to a constitutional amendment to give the president dictatorial powers?
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/nation/6007732.htm