Re: [NTLK] Help - gruendelized(tm) MP 130 doesn't turn on...)

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Mar 28 2004 - 23:30:49 PST

>>Yesterday I was correcting errors in a book I did on my desktop, taking the
>>corrections off the Newton (thanks for XNewtBook!) and editing on the
>>desktop. Suddenly the Newton turned off and wouldn't turn on again. D'oh -
>>empty rechargeables, I thought. So I put it in the cradle, which showed the
>>cells to be charging. Tried to turn the Newton on, no go. Waited until the
>>batteries' chargelight showed green (hours later) - no go. Put the line of
>>the power supply straight into the Newt - no worky, either. Same for the
>>reboot button, or reboot + power switch.
>
>Did you try plugging it into the power supply then hitting the reset while
>holding down the power switch? It will then ask you if you wish to erase
>all information and you say no. I know that I have had this problem with
>Newts before and this is how I got them to wake up

Thanks for the suggestion, Digital Dan, but I'd tried that before, no
worky. Now I tried it again, after the MP 130 sat w/o batteries since
yesterday's attempt. Pull power switch, hit reset, wait 30 sec., release
both, flip Newt over - first attempt flashes black screen, second attempt
flashes screen labeled "Newton" with bulb-log. As soon as it appears it's gone.

Basically, it acts just as before it's gruendelization. Any other ideas?

Cheers,

'Kasko