Re: [NTLK] Bash Me Off-List (Re Racism... Let It Be Done.)

From: Mike Burrell (mburrell_at_stny.rr.com)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 08:06:36 PST

on 3/23/04 9:03 PM, Ikem Nzeribe at zen18723_at_zen.co.uk wrote:

> Marty,
>
> I agree. Almost. For me, it *is* over... on-list. Y'all can bash me
> off-list. About development: tough talking, yes. **** it, I've got to
> aspire to something. So why not the best?
> Whenever you have any kind of community, it is a social space. And
> real-world stuff will get swapped in the mix between talk of data
> packets and interface design. But if you wanna "share" your prejudices
> and catch the heat that was generated here, you won't get my help,
> hahaha
>
> Ikem.
Maybe I should continue to read before I post (yet another) response to this
already over-bloated thread which shouldn't even exist in the first place
BUT... couldn't this all have been avoided if Ikem would have just addressed
it personally with Jared? I mean, do we REALLY need to be made aware of the
fact that racism exists even to the point of hypersensitiivly reading words?
(I know the word I just typed doesn't exist... gee, maybe I'd better study
the word to make sure it doesn't contain any possibly misrepresented racial
slur! *quiver, quiver*)
Bottom line is, if you got a problem with somebody PLEASE ADDRESS IT
PERSONALLY! (private email) Heaven knows there's enough nonsense to sift
through and toss out in this list as it is.