Re: [NTLK] Racism On The Board (Was "Any Idea Why")

From: Dave Abramowitz (david.abramowitz_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 14:32:32 PST

In fairness to Ikem, I believe what he took offense to was the word
"monkies" in the decription of the African currency. I'm sure it was
not Jared's intent to offend, but as a Jew, I probably would have
raised my eyebrow if the currency was "Israeli Zoobakikes" or something
like that. As a member of the list, I apologize to you, Ikem. We should
be careful about our word choices. Assuming Jared's word use was
unintentional, perhaps giving him a chance to explain/apologize would
be a better tact than expressing anger right off the bat - but I
understand and respect your point of view.

Now let's get back to our little green friend...

- Dave