Re: [NTLK] oqo

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 22:58:12 PST

Yeah...I remember first hearing about this piece of
Vaporware back in 1999 I think. Back then, it didn't
have a built in keyboard and it was going to have a
writable screen.
As to the proposed price? I can't remember where I
heard it, but I do remember reading/hearing that with
everything (docking station, port replicator, extra
batteries, etc.) the whole thing would cost around
$3,000....not what I would call an afordable gadget...
Ed
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://65.84.243.167

--- mark smith <mark_at_bbprojects.net> wrote:
> mimi wrote:
>
> > the device does look good size not a brick can
> hook into
> > keyboard if you have slow thumbs the inventors are
> fr all
> > platform backgrounds-- but i agree, hwr would ice
> the cake...
> >
> > hoping for a family get together to find out more
> since j betts
> > is married to a cousin-- and i'd like to know why
> wince
>
> Apparently they tried to license OS X for it and
> Apple turned them down.
>
> > and why aren't we seeing more excitement abt the
> device, are we
> > overloaded wi the wonders of technology, and don't
> pay
> > attention any more, or do people have to see it in
> action
> > first-- mimi
>
> Its been promised as being "available soon" for
> literally years (although the current date of "Q3
> 2004" is holding up for the time being). It is
> likely to cost a fortune and be heavily dependent on
> its docking station and, as you say, it will run a
> windoze OS and...
>
> 0.02
>
> mark.

=====
"China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."
 - Charles De Gaulle, former French President