Re: [NTLK] Sync of Newton and Palm: names -> contacts

From: Matthew Reidsma (matthew_at_reidsrow.com)
Date: Sat Mar 13 2004 - 13:45:19 PST

On 2004-03-12 22:56:22 -0500 "Raphael A. Coiman, Sr."
<mcracman_at_chartermi.net> wrote:

> I've been a Newton user for 4-5 years (I have a MP2100) and I love my
> Newton.
> As it has hapenned to many people, the use of my MP is impractical in
> my job
> where everything goes around a Palm device. I got a Palm T3 running
> Palm OS
> 5.2.1.

You don't have to apologize. I use both a 2100 and a Palm IIIc
everyday.

> In my newton I have a huge list of names that is too long to
> transcribe
> manually to the Palm. How can I transfer those Names into the Contact
> appl.
> of Palm? In general, how can a Newton and a Palm communicate?

There are a few ways. As Peter suggested earlier, you could sync these
to an older version of the Palm desktop and then sync your Palm. Or,
if you want to be fancy, you could probably use IOBEX and IC/VC to
beam the contacts from the Newton to thye Palm. I've never done that
large of a group, but I'm sure it could be done. (Eck?) And bragged
about, of course.

Good luck.

-Matthew Reidsma
http://www.newtonnews.org/