Re: [NTLK] RTF with images in Newton Press - error -11005

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 14:02:44 PST

On Mar 4, 2004, at 1:18 PM, Rhonda Hyslop wrote:
<snip>
> If anybody cares to test the file, I've put it up temporarily (which
> means it'll stay there until I remember to take it down, possibly in a
> few years) at http://paradox.homeip.net/~rhonda/tmp/MATH257-1.rtf
It opens fine in OSX Microsoft word. Interestingly when I drag and
drop the graphics onto graphicconverter, it warns me the graphics
contains vector data which will be lost if saved as a pict/bmp file.

> I'd be kind of interested to find out if the file is just plain not
> compatible with system 7.5.5 or if it's a Basilisk or Newton
> Press-specific problem despite being an OS system error message.
Seems like it's a problem of the format of the graphics imbedded in the
RTF. Don't really know how you could fix this though, i would start
by paring the file down to one page with some text and one graphic.
Test and see if this produces the same error. If so try removing the
graphic and replacing it with another format of the same graphic.
graphicconverter is great for this....

I'm impressed that NCU exported vector data!

marty

PS if you want I could woop up a one page test rtf as described.