[NTLK] [OT] Looking for a MacOS 8.1 compatible StuffIt

From: Gavin McKenzie (ntlk_at_gavinmckenzie.fastmail.fm)
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 10:36:19 PST

I have an old PB1400c/166 running MacOS 8.1 that I bought of eBay just so
that I could do occasional Newton development (after long ago giving up
on Basilisk and WinNTK).

Problem is, that I've been unable to find a way of obtaining a version of
StuffIt (not Expander, but a way to create .sit files) that is old enough
to be compatible with MacOS 8.1. I know, I could upgrade to 8.5/8.6, but
I haven't bought a CDROM for the PB yet so that's not a solution.

If anyone can point me to somewhere in the WWW that might still be
offering StuffIt of this vintage, please let me know.

Thanks.

Gavin.