Re: [NTLK] [OT] Bid Sniper

From: NewtonGuy (newtonpad_at_alltel.net)
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 22:17:54 PST

The advantage is this.

Say an item you want has a current bid of $10.00 US. It is a highly
sought after item that usually goes for much more after it has been bid
up.

You are in luck, very few people have noticed this auction. You are
willing to pay $60.00 US but that is all.

Now if you bid $60.00 US and the bud increment is $1.00 US. Ebay will
put your bid down for $11.00 US. Lucky you. You are the high bidder. At
that time Ebay sends an E-Mail to the original High bidder letting them
know they have been outbid, complete with a link to bid again.

The original bidder may really want that item and is willing to pay
more. They might bid until the price is $61.00 US or they may only be
willing to pay $50.00 US for it and if they bid that much an item that
may have cost you $11.00 US now costs $51.00 US.

Also, someone may find it and bid it up.

So if you enter your bid say 2 seconds before the auction has completed
and it is more than what the other person bid ( which was say $20.00 US
with a bid increment of $1.00 US ) you could get the item for $21.00
US.

The price would not be bid up because there is insufficient time to
contact anyone or for anyone to find the item and bid.

 From what I have seen. Most people do not bid on the items until the
last day.