Re: [NTLK] Help with WaveLAN + AppleTalk + netatalk printing on Linux

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 10:52:35 PST

On Mar 1, 2004, at 9:02 AM, Victor Rehorst wrote:

> <snip>
> The BEFR54G has no problems bridging AppleTalk, as I can search for
> printers
> on the Newton and see the two printers defined by netatalk.
I am not " Linux folks" but I know that the fact that the printers
appear in the dialog doesn't prove the router is going to successfully
route Appletalk over ethernet.

Apparently the Apple PAP (printer access protocol) is slightly
different from the rest of Appletalk.

The opensource wireless driver on sourceforge doesn't have support for
Appletalk over ethernet printing,, but I can still see the printers,
that's how I know this.

Hope this helps.
Marty