Re: [NTLK] Frozen Newton Project Rebirth?! :)

From: Marcus Andree S. Magalhaes (marcus.magalhaes_at_vlinfo.com.br)
Date: Thu Jun 24 2004 - 21:56:46 PDT

I have some comments to make...

While I believe this is a wonderful project (despite its somewhat
obscure financial aspects), being brought to life by people who
still _loves_ the Newton platform, long abandoned by the company
that created and manufactured it, please, please, please, if you're
gonna go ahead with the production, do _not_ include the Apple logo.

Sooner or later, you'll have a batallion of lawyers telling you
are using a logo/trademark without authorization. And, if we know
how Apple Computer Inc behaves with trademark issues,
this authorization will never be granted, and, perhaps, forcing us
to burn everything as soon as these cool plastic cases see the day light.

Instead, just put a space where we can glue an old logo, removed
from an original case, or attach a small customized adhesive or
something like that.

Guess I personally would use a custom magnet that insists in dropping from my
fridge door and rolling to some place very difficult to retrieve
it from... ;)

Do this and you'll gain one more adept to the cause.

Start a new project to build a SER-001 compatible card that includes
a serial, audio I/O and Bluetooth and I'll trade 10 years of my life
for it. ;)