Re: [NTLK] Damaged ethernet card

From: Grant Symon (Grant_at_GrantSymon.com)
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 14:12:07 PDT

Hi,

thanks to those that replied to this thread. You were correct in that
there was some of the NIE software missing. Once I reinstalled it all,
the card was recognised as of old.

I have to say ... I'm not quite sure exactly what I'm going to use my
new found Newton for. I bought it originally as a 2000 in '97 and used
it extensively for 3 or 4 years, but now my computing habits have
changed. For the last 3 years I have used only Powerbooks and with the
freedom afforded by these machines and by Airport, I find that my
wonderful 17" AluBook goes *everywhere* with me and all my work and my
digital life is in there with it.

However ... I am frankly so *stunned* by the Newton community and it's
enthusiasm to keep this fabulous little machine alive and *relevant*,
that I feel I simply must find a way to work it into my digital life.
I never, ever, ever imagined that I would be connecting to my Newton
via Mac OS X ... I can't believe it. I've used NewTen to install
packages and ... it just works! Wonderful. Now that my ethernet is up
and running I shall try to sync Address and iCal and if I can do that
... very cool.

Many thanks again for the help.

Grant Symon