Re: [NTLK] Newton Arrived, problems...

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 13:30:10 PDT

>Can I install an ethernet card and have it work without specialized
>drivers I need to download?
>If so, I can then transfer wireless drivers onto the Newton and use a
>WiFi card with it.

Nope, you first need to install the NIE (Newton Internet Enabler) version
2.0. Then you can run ethernet (providing you have a ethernet card that
works with a newton). If you have no other method of installing software
look in the archives for the "card sharing" program. There are several
people on this list that have cards for people that can't get software
installed becuase they lack NIE or such.

I think it is also on the wiki.

-Dan