Re: [NTLK] [OT] iMac G3 Tech support / Buying advice

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 17:32:31 PDT

On Jun 22, 2004, at 12:02 PM, System Administrator wrote:
<snip>

> With regard to firmware, best bet is boot into Open Firmware via the
> keyboard command: cmd option O F (I think, I can't actually remember),
> it will display the firmware version,
<snip>

Strangely I just tried the open firmware trick, as well as my idea to
use Apple system profiler, and neither one shows the firmware version #
as I would expect it.

They both show a Boot ROM 3.24f1 on my g3/400 imac DV...

I'm thought the firmware update(which is listed as 4.1.9) I did was:

When I boot back to OS9 and run the firmware update utility from my OS9
CD which came with OSX 10.03 It shows Firmware version 2.4f1 which is
up to date!

All in all quite a confusing set of information

Marty