Re: [NTLK] Hypothetical ATA Question

From: Douglas Augustyn (six5535_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 20 2004 - 14:00:22 PDT

Actually I don't beleive there is a storage limit, maybe Paul can shed
some light on this. I've been using my Newton with an ATA 1GB IBM
mircodrive for about 3 months now, the only draw-back is speed of the
drive.

As for the USB/FireWire, this has been discussed on the list on
several occassions, and the general concensus tends to be "Why? You
have ethernet." I don't disagree, with the speed portion of that. What
I would really like is an NFS client for the Newton, that way I could
connect it to my File-Server and just run programs from that....
Yes I'm aware of dynamically generated directory lists pushed to a
web-interface, viewable via a web-browser, but I'm talking about an
NFS client that works similarly to Paul's ATA drivers. That and an SSH
client........
Heaven.

--
http://six5535.org/