Re: [NTLK] Hypothetical ATA Question

From: Rick Ludwig (bensisko_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jun 20 2004 - 13:43:48 PDT

Technically, NOTHING is impossible, just highly improbable. =)
Philosophy aside, I believe that it would require a different driver
(though could probably use some of the same principles as Paul's
driver). The difficulty lies more in that the operating system won't
recognize partitions larger than X amount (I believe the limit is
128MB, but I could be wrong...) and would take forever to index such a
drive.

Wouldn't that be something though? "Yep, my Newt server is connected to
a 500GB firewire drive!"

As for other USB devices, that would need a different driver for each
device (I think).

So, basically, I don't think it would happen without a rewrite of the
OS.
Somebody please correct any information that is wrong.

-Rick