Re: [NTLK] Hiroshi's driver isn't gone. Nothing happened, move on.

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 12 2004 - 19:08:16 PDT

Daniel Padilla wrote
Sat Jun 12 2004 - 17:03:53 PDT
> This has gone out of hands. Please move on, there's nothing to see here.
>1. The driver wasn't posted at any site. Did you see a link to a external
>URL? Read the auction >again, there's absolutely nothing against Hiroshi's
>statement. OK? It explicitely says that the driver is >in demo mode.
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27966&item=5702956374

Daniel we know it's over now. I posted the same comment as you made 'it's in
demo mode' - but the final decission is Hiroshi's to make of course...

>2. Even if it was linked somewhere else, could somebody please tell me the
>reason to let Hiroshi >know about it? Wouldn't it be wiser to tell the
>*infractor* to remove the link and hope that Hiroshi >doesn't notice? I
>couldn't believe when Gary said that he already had sent Hiroshi the ebay
> >auctions links.

Yes! I concur that would have been a better route, but often we react
quickly [OT and for some cover your ears, oh eyes!] there is a biblical
quote, slow to speak quick to listen... but such is human nature (guilty of
this myself too often to list)

>3. Nothing has changed in Hiroshi's site. No soccer links, no problems, no
>nothing.
>http://www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/~ngc/index.htm We probably NTLKed the site with
>so many hits.

Yeah at this point in time no changes.

I checked the website before the first post, it was ok then too.
After the post I went back still okay.
Then between the barage of postings - and notification of Hiroshi ..
followed by the list of the eBay auction links... his site was gone (the
Newt page)... no such blahh, blahh, blahh was the response from the UNNA
Wikki link whne I clicke don it. I tried manually his root
http://www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/~ngc/ - everything looked okay but no listing of
the Newt Page anywhere.. it was sandwiched before between the

NeXTSTEP/OPENSTEP(/Rapsody) 04/29/1998
Newton 03/21/2003 (this was Missing completely!)
NetBSD 07/30/2000

> This experience looks like those auto-generated news in TV these days.
Maybe, but it greatly concerned me as I value developers' efforts and would
have hated to see Hiroshi drop Newt Dev. As others see it this is an
important area of dev and acted in support.

Eventually I noticed the page started to reappear... then one d/l link then
the other...
If this was not the case I would hope Hiroshi clarify this to the list...

Now I've got to search hard to find two compatible cards for my two licenses
which I await registrations for....

Sonny Hung
the Hung Family
PS: my appologies if this reply was to wordy (ters? is that the correct word
to use here?)