Re: [NTLK] GPS and maps on the Newton?

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Tue Jun 08 2004 - 03:02:37 PDT

What you need is a connection between the Garmin DB9 and your Newt that is
1:1 (i.e. not crossing the signals).
Unfortunately the Newt to PC cable does cros the lines Tx and Rx.
I can recommend an adapter from PBK solutions that I use as well (sorry, in
german only)
http://newton.pbk-solutions.de/produkte/kabel/adapter_seriell.htm
and they even give all the info needed in order to build that cable
yourself:
http://newton.pbk-solutions.de/produkte/kabel/internal_connections.htm
There is a work-around solution that I used as well, that is inserting a so
called null-modem adaptor between your Garmin and your Newt2PC cable. You
might need SUB-D 9 to SUB-D 25 adaptors and a gender changer as well, but
finally that will work...

Cheers
Johannes