[NTLK] International Power Adapter Plugs

From: Walter F. Croft (globalvillageidiot_at_oco.net)
Date: Sat Jun 05 2004 - 19:18:01 PDT

I'm looking for a power adapter plug for international use for my MP2100 and
have a few questions regarding the various adaptors I've seen listed on one
of the numerous Newton community websites.

What I'm looking for is an adapter plug that will work with the U.S. one I
currently own (Newton 9W Power Adapter). Specifically I'd like a plug that
will work in Hong Kong.

I wonder if the British power adapter plug listed at J & K will work with
the standard voltage in HK, which I seem to recall is higher than what is
used in the U.S. I know the three pronged formation of the British plug will
work since in HK it's common to find all types of plug ends, but I'm not
sure about the voltage.

Or am I better off hunting down a Newton International Power Adapter if it
handles the differences in voltage, that an adapter plug will not.

Walter