[NTLK] Help Needed for New User

From: Perry Miller (perrymiller_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Jun 05 2004 - 16:39:05 PDT

I bought and soon updated my 2000. About the time I got it back from
Apple Jobs killed the Newton. It has hardly been used as I soon put it
in the box to only dig it out a few days ago. I should add I never used
it enough to really be adept at its use, although fascinated by its
potential.

Question: What do I need to do now to make it into a useful tool? I
don't have an old Mac, only a new PowerBook running the latest version
of OS 10. If I start at a basic level, what cables, software, etc do I
need to obtain in order to move towards an active use of my Newton and
resources where I can obtain what I need.

The only problem I've encountered thus far is that once it has been
used and turned off, I have to remove the rechargeable battery pack
for 20 minutes or so and re-insert before it will start-up.

I will thank you in advance.

Perry