Re: [NTLK] GPS and maps on the Newton?

From: Peter Prinzen (peter.prinzen_at_xon.de)
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 10:11:49 PDT

> Hi all,
>
> I know that it's possible to use a few different brands of CF GPS
>cards in the Newton (a pretec and a haicom, possibly others), but what
>I'm not sure of is the software and maps that one would use with the
>GPS cards.

   snip

Hi,

unfortunately, I haven't tried some of the GPS-Software for the newt. But
just ordered an old serial GPS-receiver via eBay. So there is the question
regarding GPS and Newt:
- what GPS-Software should I use?
- can I use my 2100 w/o "mechanical" problems mounted on my motor cycle? Or
is it better to use a more robust/cheap 130 for this?

Peter