Re: [NTLK] GPS and maps on the Newton?

From: Ryan Rotter (rrotter_at_emich.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 19:44:02 PDT

There is a commercial program called GPS Map
<http://www.soaring.de/gps/GPS_Map.html>. It is primarily targeted
toward pilots. Registrations for the paid version are no longer
available, but there is a free version which is fully functional. It
has support for serial GPS most units, although I doubt it works with
CF cards. I just picked up a GPS on eBay (only 34 clams US) but it
hasn't come yet. I'll post on my experiences.

- Good luck, Ryan

On Jun 1, 2004, at 12 08, George Bingham wrote:

> Is there special GPS software for the Newton? Is it up to date?
> (I wouldn't think it was). Can you use your own maps with it?
Yes, see their website.