Re: [NTLK] Newton Newbie: Some initial impressions, experiences (and perhaps even recommendations)

From: Steven Joniak (steven_at_savagelettuce.com)
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 04:51:50 PDT

funny enough I was thinking along the same lines a couple weeks back.
I've been out of using the Newton for the last few years when the
batteries died on the MP 120. At the time I had no idea you could
rebuild batteries and only found out about it earlier in the year from
a Wired article. Then recently I finally took the plunge and found a
great deal on eBay on a 2000 & eMate combo, and just got back the
upgraded 2000 last night. But now as I begin to figure out how to
upgrade everything I face the task of looking over numerous sites to
hunt down pkgs, find the necessary hardware and just hope it all works.
I'm going to begin documenting everything and was planning on building
up a 'one-stop' type of site that would at least give easy to
understand, step by step instructions on how to configure complete with
screen shots. then, within the instructions and help pages would be
link to the sites and if given permission by the publishers a backup
link to my own server - so that way the pkgs would always be
accessible.
The only thing standing in my way right now is time but believe this
would be a good idea and definitely help those coming back or newtbies
alike.

cheers,
Steven