[NTLK] Flying With Newton

From: Jim Grich (webmaster_at_weblync.com)
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 10:53:49 PDT

I wondered if anyone has had a problem taking their Newton with them on
a commercial airline flight? I ask this because of the stylus and the
"potential weapon" threat. I have to carry it onto the plane and
wondered if i would be "forced" (Yea, good luck) to get rid of the
stylus?

Also...How much do I have to worry about the 4 meg memory card as well
as the Newtons internal memory when passing it through the Xray
machines? Should I have them hand search it to avoid any erasures?

Thanks for all the help you folks have given me in the past couple of
weeks. Because if this, I have my 2100 set up for e-mail and web
browsing and that is the reason I am leaving the laptop behind and
taking the Newton on this trip.

Jim Grich