[NTLK] Subject: GPS Map Software

From: Edward Johnson (radar9999_at_aol.com)
Date: Wed Jul 21 2004 - 03:45:14 PDT

I know there are several GPS software packages for Newton out there. I
am
specifically interested in obtaining a copy of GPS Map, the full version
that is no longer available through the MFR/Developer (appears to be
from Germany
discontinued not long after Apple killed Newton). He specifically states
that he will not sell any more licensed versions and would not release
the
full versions because that would be unfair to purchasers of the full
version. I am very interested if anyone has a full version they are
willing
to sell. Also, IMHO, he has the best package out there. He has a GPS Map
Lite which is a demo version with reduced capabilities. I want the full
version. Any Takers? I want to use a CF GPS card. No particular brand in
mind yet, wanted to get software and then get HW.

After 5 yrs maybe we can convince him to release the pkg as freeware at
this point, or at least begin reselling via KAGI or something and throw
support out to the Wiki.

Semper Fi!

Ed Johnson
MSgt/USMC (Reserve)

PS I may be out of town for a couple of weeks, so email may be spotty.