[NTLK] 2100 Errors-Second Post

From: Jim Grich (webmaster_at_weblync.com)
Date: Mon Jul 19 2004 - 15:51:18 PDT

I have now configured my 2100 for e-mail and to go online and over the
weekend I downloaded e-mail to the Newton. I was able to delete some of
the e-mails but the last two would not delete. I received a (-48022)
error message. Looked it up on the web, but no help there as to how to
rectify the problem. I then decided to do a soft reset to see if that
would correct the problem. I then got a (-10606) error message and it
said a new flash card had been installed, do I want to configure it.
The card was the original 4 Meg card I got with it. All I could do is
tap on the "erase" box. It did erase it and I had to pull the card out
and reinsert it for the Newton to see it again.

Questions...What are the two errors telling me? Should I have taken my
Flash card (and modem card) out before I did a soft reset?

Fortunately, I did not have "valuable" data stored on the card, not yet
anyway!

Also...I have a PCMCIA compact flash adapter card (made by Carry) which
came with a reader for my Mac. Can I put a CompactFlash card in it and
plug it into the Newton for a larger memory source? I believe I saw
some beta software that allows one to do this. If so, how large of a
card will the Newton read? What type card can I use?

Finally...Can an ADB style Mac keyboard be plugged into the Newton or
do you have to use the Newton Keyboard? Any other alternatives?

Thanks again for your help.

Jim Grich