[NTLK] Newton 2100 Questions

From: Jim Grich (webmaster_at_weblync.com)
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 14:55:31 PDT

Since I am new to the Newton, I am learning bits and pieces of
information from NewtonTalk. I have received my PCMCIA modem cable
today and tried my luck at going online. Questions:
What it the best e-mail/browser programs to use? I believe I have
loaded SimpleMail, Newton's Cape and NIE. For some reason, SimpleMail
will not boot up. Is there a good alternative (or a "fix")?

Also...This may be a dumb question, but how do you delete packages that
are loaded onto the Newton? I loaded a few programs that, apparently,
will not work with my current OS (2.1). I want to regain the memory
space.

I assume to disconnect from the Internet, you close Newton's Cape or
the e-mail program? I ask this because I did get online this afternoon,
but did not know how to disconnect, other than closing the Newton's
Cape pgm?!?

Finally...How can I tell the Newton to download programs to my 4 meg
PCMCIA card instead of the internal memory?

Thanks for your help.

Jim Grich