Re: [NTLK] Good Newton Games

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 00:59:18 PDT

On Jul 13, 2004, at 11:10 PM, Jared Bland wrote:

> I was browsing around UNNA and have decided to download a couple games.
> I am wondering what most people recommend and am hoping for some
> suggestions/favorites from the NTLK crowd.

A good, destructive game would be SoloDX. It's the classic Klondike
solitaire game. I've played it for years now (since '96 I believe), and
have even kept my stats from my very first Newton (a 120, originally
running OS 1.3). I'm up to 38910 games, and a win count of 8139. :-)

BTW, SoloDX also plays Canfield and Pyramid. I played pyramid six
times. I won the 6th time and decided that was enough. ;-)

It's destructive, because it will destroy your time, or at least kill
boring moments in waiting rooms, on planes, trains, buses and trams,
but it can also waste time, and it can be destructive to your screen.
When I bought my 2100, I noticed a strange pattern of marks on the
screen. I wondered what they were, but when I opened SoloDX for the
first time, I discovered what they were there from. :-( Oh well. I use
NuScreen, and destroy those instead.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland