Re: [NTLK] Coming to the WWNC

From: Nicolas Zinovieff (krugazor_at_free.fr)
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 00:22:21 PDT

I'll just chime in on this topic:
We are investigating this solution, but so far the result has been
negative:
- we will have a DSL line during the event, which means we would need
an external relay
- we cannot upgrade the DSL line, as this is an embassy :D
- an external relay is VERY expensive
- we _need_ 100 people in the room to cover the spendings. Webcasting
will undermine our efforts to get people to actually be in there.
- we _want_ people to discuss the future of the Newton platform
together. If you take a look at the speakers, you will see that this
is a very rare opportunity to have a fruitful discussion on this topic,
and more importantly, a live chat. After all, one of the objectives of
the community is to make sure the Newton stays alive, and - why not? -
even fights back.

However, we may be able to videotape the sessions. This will depend on
how many people are there, as well...

--
Nicolas Zinovieff
Secretary / Secretaire