Re: [NTLK] AirPort & Escale OS X Question

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon Jul 05 2004 - 01:25:28 PDT

On Jul 4, 2004, at 2:17 PM, Mark Millard wrote:

> "Use card for AppleTalk." Did the trick, thanks CCS!
>
> Only problem now is the WaveLAN card won't stay connected long enough
> to complete activities with Escale.
>
> I think I'll follow Indigo's advice and work on getting a Twin Serial
> adapter via eBay, several are for sale.
I recommend not doing that...

The wireless setup you already have is much faster at installing
packages and can do what you need to do. Also the software the you can
use with it is still improving (ie escale).

I use my wireless card to install packages from my PBG4 all the time
and it works great.

Paying for and dealing with the keyspan thing is a waste in my
opinion(since you already have the NIE and wireless thing installed)...

Marty