Re: [NTLK] eWorld, shmeWorld, Update - do I lose anything when I kick that off my Newt?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 04:51:33 PST

DJ Vollkasko wrote:

> Q: So what do these do, do they "hide" eWorld so I don't see it anymore, do
> they delete it? Need the package be on the Newton or does it delete itself
> after working its magic? Is there any way to bring eWorld back, do I lose
> anything (drivers or whatever) without this? Which of the two solutions is
> preferable and why - what are the differences?

They just unregister the eWorld transport so that it doesn't appear anywhere.
  The actual code for the transport is in ROM so it can't be deleted.

> KillUpdate for NOS 2.x
>
> " http://www.chuma.org/code/newton/killupdate/ ("KillUpdate is a tiny (<
> 2k) package that will remove the transport. No fuss, no muss.").
>
> Again, Q: What does it do, "hide" that Update transport so I don't see it

Ditto for KillUpdate: all it does is unregister the Update transport so it no
longer appears as an option in InBox. If you remove the package and then do a
soft reset, I believe it will come back.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html