Re: [NTLK] Indispensable Software for a 2100

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 09:47:56 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Staub
Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 8:40 PM
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Indispensable Software for a 2100

I've found the software I use the most are:

   *snip*
    Anything that reduces wear and tear on the mechanicals -- e.g. power
off, eject, etc.
*snip*
Something I would like to add to that is using internal memory is adding to
*mecanical wear and tear* as 2000's have Flash memory which will wear out in
time. So best to save your data to cards as much as possible (which can be
easly replaced) and use the internal for packages that rarely changes. Of
course some soups can never be moved to cards (libaray soup, system soup
etc). But delgating often changed data to cards will help extend the
hardware life.

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html