[NTLK] NuShield cured jaggies (at least for now....)

From: Berthe M. Willumsen (bmw_at_biobase.dk)
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 08:03:54 PST

I bought my MP2100 from J&K to replace my MP200U with screen
scratches - now my backup machine.
The 2100 had something wrong with the screen; I tried to communicate
with the folks at J&S, but they (probably rightly) argued that all
screens are a little different.
It developed into what I have come to label jaggies - as described on
this list and elsewhere. It developed really bad, but slowly, over a
year. I cleaned as best I could and swept with with business cards, I
unscrewed and separated and put together again, and it still got
worse. Actually, I have to admit that tightening the screws after
having pulled the unit apart helped some.

On a separate thought I finally (after recomendations surfaced on the
list again) bought some NuShields; having seen what can happen to the
screen... I installed it about 5 days ago very carefully, but it was
more or less like cleaning with the cards.

- And the jaggies are gone. My Newt is back.

Please cross your fingers for me, although I realize that this may
just be temporary, and that telling about it is hubris and nemesis
will come get me...

--
Berthe
Denmark, MP2100