Re: [NTLK] Problem with WiFi

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 08:44:29 PST

On 23/01/04 11:29, "David Schultz" <evil_genius_at_mac.com> wrote:

> On 1/23/04 10:39 AM, "Newtopia" <MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Is there a solution for the opposite?
>> I mean, can I see if somebody 'joins' my Wifi network?
>> (this is for non-Airport users, I understood from an earlier posting in
>> this thread that the Airport Admin utility shows this...)
>
> Your wireless non airport router should have a device list, using either
> your DHCP lease pool, or connected devices (Nodes with static IP's).
>
> The "connected devices" should show the IP address, device name and MAC
> (Media Access Control) address for each computer attached to the router.

Is this something really available in any router? I've been wondering if
there was anyway to find that information on my Linksys Cable/DSL router and
I haven't found out yet. I'm assigning static IP addresses on my network,
though...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                 Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com                Washington, DC, USA
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html