Re: [NTLK] Bluetooth and 802.11b coexistence

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 23:16:12 PST

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:26:48 -0500, M Stocker wrote:
> People considering using both BT and 802.11b simultaneously might want to
> note that both devices use the same radio frequency.
>
> There may be some coexistence problems, unless the two device are designed
> to work together (i.e., same vendor).
>
> I would at least expect some degradation in throughput of one or both.

I wouldn't ;) At least not when using BT on the Newton. The connections
have to be both active at the same time to cause any interference.
Blunt turns the BT module on only when really sending or receiving
something, otherwise it's off. And the BT throughput on the Newton is
low anyway. So nothing to worry about.

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html