Re: [NTLK] Serial cards?

From: Donald Wilson (marchie_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 19:57:23 PST

I tried the 2 port serial card in the 2100, and got a "A communications
card has been inserted" message. Alas, I don't think I can specifically
target a specific port on the 2 port serial card, so only port 1 will
work.

Thus, I'm looking at Socket Communications cards with but one serial port.

Given the price difference (Negligible) I'm going for the PCMCIA Type II
cards, not the CF cards. I'm debating on whether to get the model with the
cable attached or detached.

A bit pricey, but the ability to have the keyboard and another device
(like GPS) connected, or a keyboard w/ a PT100 terminal session, makes the
NEwt a powerful device.

~Donald

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html