Re: [NTLK] lexmark x215 and the newton over airport extreme

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 11:29:42 PST

On Jan 21, 2004, at 3:08 AM, Roman Pixell wrote:

> im thinking of acquiring the lexmark x215 but first id need to know a
> couple of things...
>
> 1) is the printer is compatible with the newton if connected to an
> airport extreme base station?

How would it be? This seems crazy. It doesn't even have mac drivers.

They don't list how it gets it's printed pages on there website, and
list windows OS only as supported.

> apple talk is activated and i use the
> MP2100 with an old lucent card ripped off a defunct original airport
> base anno 1999 for syncing to the mac as well as sucking RSS, mail and
> web pages, but it would be nice also to print wirelessly)
I don't think this device is a rational candidate.

> i also need to know if the lexmark x215 is compatible with OS
> X/Panther, since it is listed as compatible with windows only. i use
> gimp-print (see http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php3)
Gimpprint doesn't list it, but it does appear to be a brand new
printer. Even if it does work as a printer via Gimprint (which it
probably could), you wouldn't get any of the multifunction support.

Plus it wouldn't help with newton.

I would reconsider a different laser MFC. Like the brother below(mac
os8.6-OSX).
http://www.outpost.com/product/3683255
marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html