Re: [NTLK] Copying data card-to-card

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 14:21:20 PST

There are two methods that I can think of. Back up ten meg card on
your desktop computer, remove the 10 meg card and restore to new card.
Have preference application open when you insert 10 meg card so that
you have the option of not installing packages that are on it.
Second you could put the new card in the second slot and re-file all
packages, extensions and stores to new card.
neither approach is especially fast but if you use ethernet to connect
the newt the first method may be faster and you will have the ten meg
card available in case a problem occurs. Once you have successfully
transfered all data and confirmed that all is well you can erase the 10
meg card.

Woody

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html