Re: [NTLK] Canadian copyright tax

From: Newtopia (MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net)
Date: Sat Jan 17 2004 - 16:08:04 PST

Anil, and all other Newties,

I can attest that I have been lurking for around 7 or 8 months now and like
Anil was quite curious about the OT's, especially the Poutine. I just sat
back and observed ( I still wonder about the Poutine ).

Here are my thoughts, this is a community where everyone is interested in
helping fellow Newties, discussing topics that are of interest but not
always Newton centric, but end up somehow tying back to Newtons. An example:
Poutine thread went on for weeks, discussions about anything that could
possibly be about Poutine and towards the end of the thread a particular
shop was mentioned that had fabulous Poutine and then magically a NUG was
suggested. Now as I mentioned it took about 3 weeks for that thread to come
back to Newton, but it did and it was because those of us who love our
Newtons miraculously love other things in common as well. I have to diverge
here quickly, I am an everyday food critic and I have been writing reviews
for a couple of years now, and I have never had Poutine. So the next time
I'm in Detroit I'll need a restaurant in Windsor that serves up a good plate
of it!

Ok, back to the subject. We all have other interests, and through the
sharing of these interests many times they lead to the Newton as a way to
streamline, enhance or just extend the admiration of our little green
friends. My three little Newtons are an extension of what I do and help me
with solving problems or just allow me to unwind playing with them. I have
discovered MPG, shopList and MapLite searching through UNNA for specific
tasks that I wanted to do. But through OT and Newton related threads I'm
planning buying a second 130 for writing all of my reviews, playing with the
WiFi and then exploring Bluetooth on my 2100.

That is the power of Humanity and NewtonTalk has been the perfect place to
accomplish this. Of course there are the ugly family feuds, just like any
extended family - but what else would you expect. Besides, it's been
colorful, entertaining and no ones been hurt.

You have a lot of energy and willingness to help others, which is evident
and what this family needs, thanks. In addition you could also start a
discussion board to supplement that is more centric to your ideals. There's
always room for growth in our world and the more the merrier! Maybe call it
NewtonHelp.

Anyway, my hat's off to you Victor for what is an amazing community!

Regards,

Paul Curtis
MP 120 v2.0/130/2100
Go Green! Go White!