Re: [NTLK] NewtSync

From: Alan Toops (alantoops_at_cs.com)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 13:21:09 PST

Thomas,

I am using NewtSync on Panther 10.3.2 and have no problems syncing over
wireless from the Newton to my desktop imac.

I have Ethernet configured for DHCP server not manual. Take the computer's
name and Ethernet address and enter it into the NewtSync slip. Port 15552 is
check off but since I donšt have firewall running it is a moot point. If you
are running a fire wall it must have a whole punched through it for NewtSync
to work.

In the lower right hand corner, I see listening on all addresses.
Has worked like that for several months, so I know it can be done.

BTW, you must use the latest NSync plug-in for ical 1.5 if you upgraded
otherwise NewtSync cannot see ical.

alan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html