Re: [NTLK] NewtSync

From: Thomas Hart (those_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 09:03:32 PST

Haaaahhaaahahaahh,
        It works, it works, it works!!!!!! Everything is synched.
Unfortunately I chose the canadian Holiday calendar as my default, now
all my work related appointments are read only and duplicated and put
in funny places etc. But do I care? Not a bit, because I got it to
synchronize. Now all I need to do is figure out Escale and I will bid
OS 9 good-bye forever.
        In the end, if anyone actually cares, the problem was software. I know
it is a stupid mistake, but I was using an older version of the Newton
Package for NewtSync than 3m and so no communicating was going on.
maybe that could be stressed in the info or the Newton faq.
        I got responses and helpful hints from a couple of people, but Anil,
who i think is fairly new to the list, was a big help. Just the fact
that I had someone to bounce ideas off led me to not only the solution,
but to a deeper and ultimately more rewarding knowledge of my helpers,
especially the rather silly fact that once you disconnect a network
line you have reboot the machine in order to get internet access back
(I guess Apple wanted to leave us something to remind us of the old
days). anyway, many thanks to anil for helping me out.
        We were communicating over iChat AV and it occurred to both of us that
this is an ideal thing for this kind of trouble shooting, so if you
have the time, and someone has the problem, chat. It is the way
forward.

Until next I screw something up,

Thomas

p.s. next week I am going to use voicenotes for an interview so think
good things.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html